Reading Academy Registration
Once you have TEAL access, this TEA Help Desk Find your Unique ID page will walk you through the steps of finding your 10 digit Unique ID.
If having trouble with this step, please submit a request with the TEA Help Desk.
In Catalog, each user will need to search for a course that meets their assignment and course selection criteria.
- Which Authorized Provider are they working with? Region 18
- Which format: Blended or Comprehensive?
- Which course type? This is based on the learner's assignment.
- Assignments fall into three main categories: General, Bilingual, or Administrator.
- When do they plan to start the course? July 13th Cohort or August 10th Cohort
Register for a Canvas Account in Catalog
When prompted, the learner will fill out the user registration form for a Canvas account so that they can begin the enrollment process.
Once the form is submitted, you will receive an email at the address provided in the user registration form. The link in the email allows you to complete the registration process and set up a password.
*TEA ID is 10 digit Unique ID
*Assignment Options Include:
- Teacher, Pre-K
- Teacher, Kindergarten
- Teacher, First grade
- Teacher, Second grade
- Teacher, Third grade
- Teacher, Fourth grade
- Teacher, Fifth grade
- Teacher, Sixth grade
- Teacher, Secondary
- Teacher, Bilingual
- Teacher, Dual language
- Teacher, Special education
- Teacher, Gifted and talented
- Teacher, Electives or specials
- Assistant principal
- Central office administrator
- Instructional coach
- Certification program candidate
- State or Federal agency
- ESC staff
- Other – not listed
Select Payment Option
- Select “Proceed to Payment”,
- If using a PO as payment, select the PO payment provider during the checkout process in order to enroll in a Catalog course.
- Specify the district and campus, to appropriately associate payment with your district.
Once you have successfully completed these steps, you will be enrolled in the course and should receive an email invite to join the course and complete registration.
Begin the Reading Academy course in Canvas on your scheduled cohort date
The learner can begin a course in the In Progress tab of their dashboard. However, they cannot begin a course until the course start date.
Note: If enrolling through Catalog, one must begin each course in Catalog. Canvas does not enroll a user in a course or display the course in Canvas until they click the Begin Course button.
To return to the catalog dashboard, click the Canvas logo.
Once in the course, this lesson on how to use the course homepage will be helpful.