Region 18 EcosySTEM
The Region 18 EcosySTEM is a new partnership opportunity involving schools, parents, STEM education providers, community members, and businesses in preparing students for future STEM careers. In conjunction with the Texas EcosySTEM, the Region 18 EcosySTEM will work to:
- Vertically align Pre-K-12 STEM programs
- Increase communication about STEM opportunities
- Connect districts to STEM information and tools
- Increase local business and community partnerships around STEM
- Be an active part of the STEM community in Texas
Statewide Definition of STEM in Texas: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education is a method of hands-on teaching and learning where students learn to apply academic content by creatively solving real-world problems with innovative design-based thinking to prepare students for future career opportunities.