International Applicant Information
Admission Requirements for International Applicants:
- A four/five year university degree equivalent to a bachelor's degree earned in the United States; bachelor's degree from a foreign university must be evaluated, verified and deemed equivalent by an approved credential evaluation service. Click here for Foreign Credentials Service of America website http://www.foreigncredentials.org
- GPA of at least 2.5 (overall of bachelor's degree) or 2.50 (last 60 hrs. of bachelor's degree) on a four-point system.
- English language proficiency must be demonstrated when degree has been earned from a foreign university. Proficiency is demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Bachelor's degree earned in the United States
- Bachelor's degree earned from an English speaking foreign institution (all transcripts must be in English and must include a letter on university letterhead or from the evaluation company stating all instruction was in English)
- Must demonstrate spoken English proficiency by completing the TOEFL iBT test with a minimum score of 24 on the speaking section. Click here to register for the TOEFL iBT test http://www.ets.org/toefl
- Meet State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC) basic skills requirements in one of the following ways:
- Bachelor degree from the US
- TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Assessment Scores: Reading 351, Mathematics 350, Writing - Essay Score of 5; or Essay Score of 4 & Multiple Choice Score of 363
- Recommendation by screening committee for applicant's admission to program
- Nelson-Denny Reading Comprehension test (administered during Teach18 interview).