Steps for Certification
Superintendent Program Overview
ESC 18 Superintendent Certification program prepares you to lead a Texas school district. Through internship assignments, research, required reading, and leadership sessions, you’ll be prepared to make an impact on children in school districts across Texas.
To begin the Superintendent Certification program, you will need:
- a valid Standard Principal or Mid-Management Certificate; OR TEA approval to substitute managerial experience in lieu of principal certification. Click here to access the application for TEA approval.
- a master’s or another advanced degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- verification of current employment in an administrative job role above the classroom teacher level
- demonstrated leadership skills in professional and community activities
How to Apply
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION. THE APPLICATION FEE IS $100 AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE. ASSEMBLE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS, TO BE MAILED TO US AT LEAST 15 DAYS PRIOR TO THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
- Official transcript(s), in sealed envelopes, from the college/university conferring a master's degree
- Service record, if applicable
- (3) Letters of reference from current or former direct supervisors from the teaching field
- PLEASE SEND ALL MATERIALS TO:
ESC 18 ECP | P O Box 60580, Midland, TX 79707
THE SUPERINTENDENT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM, WHICH LASTS ONE YEAR, IS A COMBINATION OF ONLINE COURSEWORK AND IN-PERSON FULL-DAY SESSIONS AT THE SERVICE CENTER. THESE SESSIONS ARE CONDUCTED BY PROMINENT, PRACTICING TEXAS SUPERINTENDENTS AND EXPERTS WHO DISCUSS COURSE TOPICS AND CURRENT ISSUES FACING TODAY’S SUPERINTENDENTS, SUCH AS INSTRUCTIONAL LEADERSHIP, SCHOOL LAW, SUPERINTENDENT-BOARD RELATIONS, FINANCE, AND ADVOCACY.