TWU Speech Language Pathology Master's Degree Program
Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Services
Texas Woman's University (TWU) TETN SLP Master's Degree Program
The Cycle 10 graduate program began in May 2019 and runs through 2021. If another cycle is authorized, mandatory information meetings will be held and applications accepted in 2020 with the program starting in summer 2021. More information will be posted on TWU's site and here when available.
Individuals who do not have a bachelor’s degree in the speech or communication field are required to take “leveling” course work, either through TWU or through an ASHA-approved university. TWU offers a Bilingual certification in addition to the SLP master’s degree. The purpose is to better serve children receiving speech therapy services in a language other than English.
- Leveling Courses Summer – October 1 (even years only)
- Completing leveling course work does not guarantee admission into the master’s degree program
- Universities that offer leveling courses online can be found at https://www.asha.org/edfind/results.aspx?po=true
- TWU Master of Science in Speech-Pathology (includes degree plan, etc.)
- TWU Distance Education SLP Degree & Admission Details
- TWU Pre-Leveling Program Information
- TWU Certificate in Bilingual Speech-Language Pathology
- American Speech Language Hearing Association http://www.asha.org/careers/
- TWU SLP Student Outcome Data https://twu.edu/communication-sciences-oral-health/communication-sciences-coms/coms-programs/ms-in-speech-language-pathology/slp-student-outcome-data/
- Texas Department SLP Assistant Licensing Requirements https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/slpa/slpa.htm