McKinney Vento-Texas Education for Homeless Children & Youth Program (TEHCY)
TEA TEHCY Program
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
Registration is now open!
Registration is open for the Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth (TEHCY) Program Summit, taking place Monday, August 29th through Wednesday, August 31st in San Marcos and online! Led by the theme, Creating Connections, Building Bridges, the summit is a valuable opportunity to earn CEUs, develop concrete skills, and ultimately strengthen school and community partnerships in order to provide the necessary reinforcements for systems that uphold student success.
After two years of hosting the TEHCY Program Summit virtually, the summit team is thrilled to announce a hybrid experience for this year’s event. Registrants may attend virtually from anywhere, or join in person at the San Marcos Conference Center.
Additional Talking Points
● The Texas Education for Homeless Children and Youth (TEHCY) Program Summit equips education professionals with cutting-edge tools and resources to make a difference in the lives of students experiencing homelessness.
● This year’s theme, Creating Connections, Building Bridges, will inspire attendees to strengthen school and community partnerships in order to provide the necessary reinforcements for systems that uphold student success.
● The summit will provide specialized training on the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and the opportunity to earn approximately 11 CEUs, develop new skills, network, and engage with other education professionals from across Texas.
● The summit will feature professional development tracks that are geared toward TEHCY subgrantees, school districts, charter schools, Educational Service Center (ESC) staff, and stakeholders. Topic tracks include: McKinney-Vento fundamentals; connecting students to community services; advancing equity for special student populations;
trauma and resilience; and much more.
● Last year’s summit welcomed over 1,000 education professionals from over 400 school districts across Texas, empowering new connections across the state. Read about last year’s summit on our blog post, Exploring the Road to Impact During TEHCY 2021.
● The TEHCY Program Summit engages youth and young adults as speakers, consultants, and facilitators throughout the summit. Attendees will have the unique opportunity to learn directly from youth and young adults with lived experience, putting the power of youth-adult partnerships into action.